Exclusive Traditional Limonaia Villa From 1700s, Spectacular View & Private pool
This rare, exclusive, and utterly private setting provides a fascinating mix of history, comfort and breathtaking beauty. It has deep roots in the local traditions of Lake Garda, and encompasses the heart and soul of this very special part of Italy. It is a designated historical site, protected by the Italian patrimony preservation authority, and is under consideration as a UNESCO world heritage site. The property has been featured in many different design, architecture and landscaping magazines. Just 800m above the town Gargnano, with shops restaurants and ferry port, this property is characterized by a delightful lemon grove or "limonaia" where still today lemons are grown (and can be picked and enjoyed by guests!). It has a complete and incredible view across the entire lake, a view so vast that it envelopes the whole property. The property first appears in the land registry in the 1700s, and still has the original stonework, lemon grove structures, aqueduct and fountains. The property is furnished with many splendid and unique antiques from the 1700s and 1800s. It was renovated to become an exclusive residential property first in the 1980s, and then in partial sections until the most recent renovations in 2014.
The property consists of three buildings which are all rented together as a whole – it is rented only as a single property, not shared. In all three houses, there are a total of
- 9 bedrooms (sleeps 18-21) and 6.5 bathrooms
- 3 indoor lounge areas, 3 indoor dining areas,(one seating 16+), 2 outdoor dining areas with BBQs (one seats 16, the other 20) and a built-in outdoor pizza oven
- large private pool (20mx4m), furnished with loungers, and many relax areas in the garden filled with fruiting citrus trees
- 10000 sqm of private gardens including a private creek and waterfall
- 2 fully equipped kitchens and one kitchenette. Kitchens have oven, stove, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, all dishes and utensils, french press coffee makers. Nespresso coffee machine in the main kitchen
- 3 TVs, all with digital cable and one with SKY satellite full service channels.
- Internet with Wifi throughout
- parking for 8 cars
The three houses are all connected by the terraces of the gardens and lemon groves. All houses have their own lounges, kitchen areas and dining areas.
The "main house" was built in the early 1700s. It was the original farmers' residence, still with the original hearth fireplace used to heat the house and cook hundreds of years ago. In this house, there are 4 double bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and one half bathroom. The inside dining area here can seat up to 16 or more people. Just outside the main kitchen door is the outdoor eating area with seating for 20+, barbecue, and the most breathtaking lake views. Out the other side of the kitchen, there is a children's play area, sitting area and ping pong table. Downstairs from the kitchen you find the lounge area, with the antique original hearth fireplace and many select and rare antique furnishings.
The "casello" sleeps 6 and is the most recently renovated building. Here there are 3 double bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The dining area seats 4-6, and opens onto the gardens with outdoor eating for 16+. This house has the biggest lounge, with seating for up to 10, and TV with DVD/cable TV and SKY satellite.
The "Garconniere" sleeps 4-6 in one double bedroom and one open family suite with 2 singles and a double sofa bed, with 2 full bathrooms. The family suite has a tree growing up through the room out the roof! The loft lounge area upstairs looks down on the suite so it is not totally private. There is a small kitchenette with dining area for 4-6, and in the gardens just outside there is an outdoor built in pizza oven. The garconniere is a romantic island of charm and design, separated from the other two houses by the gardens of the lemon grove.
In keeping with the style and era in which the house was built, and the historical protection on the original structure of the property, the bedrooms and bathrooms are small, many with exposed wooden beams in the ceilings, exposed stone arches, and interesting unexpected spaces and corners. The villa is perfect for people who like exclusive, authentic, local, antique, and unique.
Each house individually opens onto separate terraced gardens of the lemon grove, each with private gardens, lake views, and sitting areas. In total, there are 5 terraced garden levels in the lemon grove, all connected by external staircases.
1) The road to the villa is VERY steep. It is safe, but can be scary for people frightened of mountain roads. We have detailed instructions which you should read before choosing your rental car
2) The villa is filled with staircases. People with limited mobility will have great difficulty in this villa.
3) The pool area is not fenced and has a dangerous drop-off, children must always be supervised!
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden
- Pets Considered
- Away From It All
- Dining Area
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Farm Holidays
- Towels Provided
- Child's Highchair
- Non Smoking Only
- Private Pool
- DVD Player
- Coffee Maker
- Private Chef
- Outdoor Grill
- Iron & Board
- Ping Pong Table
- Hair Dryer
- Pantry Items
- Housekeeper Included
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room
Check In/Out Dates
Available, but Not Arrival Date