Exclusive Traditional Limonaia From 1700s, Spectacular Views & Private pool
This exclusive and utterly private setting, first built in the 1700s, provides a fascinating mix of history, comfort and breathtaking beauty. It is a designated historical site, protected by the Italian patrimony preservation authority, and is under consideration as a UNESCO world heritage site. It has been featured in many architectural and design magazines.
Live immersed in history and nature, with breathtaking lake views, stunning original stonework, antique terracotta floors, exposed wooden beams. The villa sleeps 18-21 in 9 bedrooms divided in three distinct houses connected by the gardens, with a private pool, BBQ facilities, and plenty of indoor and outdoor spaces to relax, play, and enjoy. Wifi throughout, Flat screen TV, SKY satellite channels, ping pong, one portable AC unit per house, 3 kitchens and 3 lounges, and plenty of private parking.
Just 600m above the town Gargnano, with shops restaurants and ferry port, the property gardens are filled with a delightful lemon groves or "limonaia" where still today lemons are grown (and can be picked and enjoyed by guests!).
The property consists of three buildings which are all rented together as a whole – it is rented only as a single property, not shared. In all three houses, there are a total of
- 9 bedrooms (sleeps 18-21) and 6.5 bathrooms
- 3 indoor lounge areas, 3 indoor dining areas,(one seating 16+), 2 outdoor dining areas with BBQs (one seats 16, the other 20) and a built-in outdoor pizza oven
- large private pool (20mx4m), furnished with loungers, and many relax areas in the garden, furnished and filled with fruiting citrus trees
- 10000 sqm of private gardens including a private creek and waterfall
- 2 fully equipped kitchens and one kitchenette. Kitchens have oven, stove, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, all dishes and utensils, french press coffee makers. Nespresso coffee machine in the main kitchen
- 3 TVs, one with SKY satellite full service channels.
- Internet with Wifi throughout
- parking for 8 cars
The three houses are all connected by the terraces of the gardens and lemon groves. All houses have their own lounges, kitchen areas and dining areas.
The "main house" was built in the early 1700s. It was the original farmers' residence, still with the original hearth fireplace used to heat the house and cook hundreds of years ago. In this house, there are 4 double bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and one half bathroom. The inside dining area here can seat up to 16 or more people. Just outside the main kitchen door is the outdoor eating area with seating for 20+, barbecue, and the most breathtaking lake views. Out the other side of the kitchen, there is a children's play area, sitting area and ping pong table. Downstairs from the kitchen you find the lounge area, with the antique original hearth fireplace and many select and rare antique furnishings.
The "casello" sleeps 6 and is the most recently renovated building. Here there are 3 double bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The dining area seats 4-6, and opens onto the gardens with outdoor eating for 16+. This house has the biggest lounge, with seating for up to 10, and TV with DVD/cable TV and SKY satellite.
The "Garconniere" sleeps 4-6 in one double bedroom and a family suite, open to the loft lounge above, with 2 singles and a double sofa bed, with 2 full bathrooms. The family suite has a tree growing up through the room out the roof! There is a small kitchenette with dining area for 4-6, and in the gardens just outside there is an outdoor built in pizza oven. The garconniere is a romantic island of charm and design, separated from the other two houses by the gardens of the lemon grove.
In keeping with the style and era in which the house was built, and the historical protection on the original structure of the property, the bedrooms and bathrooms are small, many with exposed wooden beams in the ceilings, exposed stone arches, and interesting unexpected spaces and corners.
Each house individually opens onto separate terraced gardens of the lemon grove, each with private gardens, lake views, and sitting areas. In total, there are 5 terraced garden levels in the lemon grove, all connected by external staircases.
1) The road to the villa is very steep, and not appropriate for some cars. We have detailed instructions which you should read before choosing your rental car
2) The villa is filled with staircases. People with limited mobility will have difficulty in this villa.
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden
- Pets Considered
- Away From It All
- Dining Area
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Farm Holidays
- Towels Provided
- Child's Highchair
- Non Smoking Only
- Private Pool
- DVD Player
- Coffee Maker
- Private Chef
- Outdoor Grill
- Iron & Board
- Ping Pong Table
- Hair Dryer
- Pantry Items
- Housekeeper Included
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room